Jewish Secular Community’s Philosophy
Human beings have the power and responsibility to shape their own lives independent of supernatural intervention.
- The Jewish Secular Community is committed to providing a safe and welcoming place for people of all ages, abilities, genders, cultural, ethnic or religious backgrounds or socio-economic status.
- Life should be directed to human growth and self-fulfillment.
- We have a responsibility to work toward the achievement of freedom, dignity, and happiness for all people.
- Judaism is the continually evolving culture and civilization that the Jewish people have been creating throughout history.
- A Jew is an individual who identifies with the history, culture, struggles, triumphs, and future of the Jewish people.
- No single Jewish ideology or lifestyle will be relevant and meaningful to all Jews. Only Jewish pluralism will guarantee the continuity of the Jewish people.
- Jewishness is an integral part of our lives and we strive to make our choices consistent with our Secular Humanistic Jewish beliefs.
Jewish Secular Community’s Purpose
The Jewish Secular Community provides a warm and supportive community where we can:
- Celebrate the rhythms of life and the Jewish calendar in a meaningful and secular humanistic manner
- Learn about Secular Humanistic Judaism
- Meet to discuss issues of universal and Jewish importance
- Socialize with friends and family
- Belong to a world-wide movement of Secular Humanistic Jews
- Welcome non-Jews into the Jewish Community and offer respect and acceptance